Secret Message Math!Version 0.8
This page generates a "hidden message" worksheet of practice math problems. These types of worksheets are useful and fun! The best part is that they are "self-checking". A student can easily tell if the work was done correctly when he or she is able to read the message.
TIP: The more unique letters in your message, the more problems the student will need to solve.
The default image is by Phillip Martin. Check out tons of his free clipart at http://www.pppst.com/clipart.html
He is a true mensch, offering lots of useful, free educational PowerPoints and interactive activities on the main ppst.com site. As if offering all this professional quality free stuff is not enough, he also travels the world helping school children paint murals using his characters! Read more about him at his phillipmartin.info site.
Improvement Ideas for future versions of the tool
- How about making the data entered here editable on the final page?!?!?
- Include the above directions re: image in a non-printing div; may need to be a popup if I can't figure out the @printmedia CSS way.
- Maybe make Intro field a text box and allow rich-text (fckedit)
- Fix drag and drop/resizer. Still only works in Google Chrome. May need to use jquery lib.
- For division, add option of using remainders or decimals in quotient
- Trap errors for omitted fields: min answer, max answer (depending on operation),num digits in multiplier
- FRACTIONS! (will be difficult to code)
- Give Title field default title of "Secret Message Math", on FIRST enter, highlight whole field for easy change
- In generator code, trap punctuation marks from Message field
- Maybe put output into _blank (new) window; add "close" link or link back to this page